Are you looking to keep up with home trends in 2019? We know it is hard to update your home every year, which is why we are providing home trends that are up-to-date with the current time.
- A Color Palette is the New Trend – 2019 is the year to become more mindful and enjoy a simpler lifestyle at home. A color scheme is perfect for wanting to feel cozy and warm in your home, especially during the wintertime. A couple of colors to keep an eye out for are shades of purple, green, and blue.
- Warmer Tones and Neutrals are in – It is finally the year to have warmer colors in homes and worry less about high fashion over comfort. Some neutrals that make for a great natural look are tan and cream.
- Embrace Bold if you are up for it – Some may be more open to bolder colors. Layering contrasting colors with pillows and blankets can give a vibrant atmosphere. Choosing an accent wall or wall covering is a great addition to any room. A few contrasting colors are blues and oranges - baby blue and salmon to be more specific.
- Nature Colors are Inspiring Home Décor– Different shades of green are making their way into homes. Be careful when pairing a color of green to a specific area. It may look better on a wall versus a couch or rug.
- Wood Floors are Becoming more Natural – Wood floors have always been in, but lighter shades are taking over. A matte finish gives off a more natural tone. Recycled wood is eco-friendly and a great way to have polished floors. There are even ways to have tile and vinyl look like real wood.
- Multiple Metals in a Kitchen is Acceptable – Different metals in the past was not the norm, but now having the right balance of metals is considered chic. Metallic colors and styles can be incorporated into other rooms to tie in the metal appliances in the kitchen.
These trends are simply to give an idea of what to expect in 2019. However, you don’t need to incorporate all of these concepts. Follow what works best for you. Choose neutrals or bright and bold colors if that’s what you prefer.