Was one of your New Year resolutions to declutter your house and get rid of the things you don’t need anymore? Assuming you’ve been dreading it and putting it off, we created a step-by-step guide to help organize your home. We want to help you on your journey to declutter your home and feel more satisfied overall.
- Start with the most tedious task to get it out of the way.
- Organize room by room, choose which side of the house you want to begin with and go from there.
- In each room, organize the larger areas first, i.e. clothes, books, pots and pans, etc. and then move onto the smaller tasks.
- Donate, donate, donate – all the items that you rarely use, get rid of and donate to an organization of your choice.
- Ask yourself if you really need that specific object, and if not, donate it or throw it away if it’s been used a lot.
- Make a list of what needs to be organized or re-arranged, so you don’t lose track of where you are at for the next day.
The key to a successful declutter is to eliminate the items that you haven’t used before or don’t use anymore. We’ve all been there before. That one time where we think we may need this someday and don’t get rid of it.
Now is the time to let go and move on. The new year is already a month in, and we need to stick to our resolutions. This guide will help make your life easier when starting the decluttering process.
It only takes less than an hour each day, for a month, to organize your home the way you’ve been dreaming. Will you keep your house organized for the rest of this year or will you make the same New Years resolution next year?